UNIVERSITY EVENING EXAM POLICY:
1. The period between 6:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. should be kept free
examinations, thus providing an examination period
from 6:15 until
7:15 p.m. and travel periods of 15 minutes before and
2. During this 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. period, the scheduling of
meetings is strongly discouraged. However,
instructors who elect
to hold a class during this period must automatically
class any student whose attendance is required at a
scheduled evening examination in another course.
This upholds the
primacy of formally scheduled evening exams over class
during the evening examination period.
3. Dates and rooms for all such evening examinations should be
announced to the class within ten days of the start of
semester, at which time it would be useful to explain
advantages of this examination schedule to the
4. A regular class hour should be omitted for each hour of
examinations given at other times.
5. If a student is scheduled to take two evening examinations at
same time, the faculty member running the course with
final digit (or digits) in schedule number shall be
offer a make-up examination. Proof of conflict
shall be supplied
by the student.
Back to Chem 112 Index.